Sunday, July 20, 2008

Prayer Request

Hello to all! Hope you are enjoying the summer. We have been into all sorts of things: exploring, ministering.

We went back to the street kids program this week.....and found out some disturbing news. Three of our new friends (Frema, Menchi, and Christina) were lured by a pimp this week. They have been taken to Manilla (5 hours away) to "work". Their mothers have no idea where they are......and Manilla is so huge, it's like a black hole. Please pray that they will run and get back to Baguio somehow. God can protect them and make it happen. We are believing for a miracle. Two of the girls are in the picture with me at the bottom of the last post. (It's the last picture with the 3 girls and me).


Thank you for partnering with us. You are making a difference.
We'll get some pictures up soon. :)

Paige and Kent

4 comments:

Mia said...

I have been meaning to post to tell you that I placed the pictures you posted last week (that included the girls) literally at the feet of Our Lord in our Eucharistic Adoration Chapel. I wanted everyone that came to the chapel for prayer to be able to read about your ministry and include it in their prayers. There has been prayer coverage for those precious children and I trust that the Lord will keep them safe and bring them home. I will update the picture with the girl's names and situation when I go back to the Chapel tonight. May God bless you both.
With love, Mary Jo

Lindsay said...

I'll be praying too, Paige! That is awful!!

Sara Hamilton said...

Actually, I don't know what to say. That must have been very hard news to hear. That creep. I guess that's an eye opener to the need to pray for all the girls that get lured that way, and of course, to pray for salvation for those bringing them into it.

Mary said...

Hi Page

I am praying for you everyday and especially on Sunday when I go to church. I think about you and the beautiful people you work with everyday.

Love,
Mary